Our dedicated property tax specialists provide services tailored to meet our clients’ needs, and have extensive experience in advising property owners on structuring their transactions in a tax-efficient manner.
Our property tax compliance services also provide our clients with the comfort that their taxes are being paid on time, and in accordance with the appropriate laws, whilst ensuring that our clients only pay the amount of tax required by law and intended by Parliament.
The property tax services we provide include:
– Advice on the tax-efficient structuring of property acquisitions and disposals;
– Determining the most appropriate vehicle for property ownership;
– Maximising the tax deductions and capital allowances available on the purchase, refurbishment and construction of property;
– Advice on the disposal of properties, including the application of the principal private residence relief and the capital gains tax that now applies to non-resident owners;
– Stamp Duty Land Tax advice;
– Preparing corporation tax, income tax and VAT returns for property investors;
– Non-resident landlord tax returns;
– Advice on the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) and preparing ATED returns;
– Advice on the tax treatment of debt finance;
– Advice on the VAT implications of property transactions for businesses, and minimising any non-recoverable VAT;
– Scottish Land Tax advice; and
– Due diligence services for property acquisitions.
Our property tax specialists understand both the complex tax laws that apply to properties, and the commercial drivers in the property market. By combining our in-depth knowledge with our commitment to fully understanding our clients’ needs, we can deliver tailor-made solutions to our property clients that exceed their expectations.